Imaginorium Rainbow Wizard Academy
2019 Dates and Location TBA
LGBTQA+ students and staff encouraged. All are welcome.
A wellness program where we will explore identity,
self-care, anti-oppression, & activism
through art, music, drama, writing, and more.
Our magic can change the world!
At this magical two-week day program,
children and youth will have an opportunity to:
Receive a personalized Wizarding School acceptance letter.
Get sorted into one of four unique houses (Phoenixfire, Stonedragon, Windhorse, and Waverider).
Participate in team-building activities, healthy competition, challenges, and Quidditch!
Dress up in costumes in a 3-dimensional theatrical environment with staff in character.
Enjoy a nurturing community of queer youth and allies.
Attend wellness classes based on the Harry Potter books:
- Potions - Affirming personal identity
- History of Magic – Learning about important LGBTQA+ history
- Care of Magical Creatures – Self-care and mental health
- Herbology – Meditation and relaxation
- Transfiguration – Exploring gender identity
- Charms – Social grace and affirmation
- Defense Against the Dark Arts – Creating consent culture and defending against assault and negative forces
- Muggle Studies – How to talk to muggles about who you are
- Divination – Creating the future through activism
For students entering 6th -12th grades
The program will run from 9 am to 3 pm daily.
Students must bring their own lunches.
The program will be led by professional staff with 15 years experience running similar programs. Volunteer positions are available. All staff and volunteers undergo criminal background checks and safety training.
Reading the Harry Potter books and/or seeing the movies in advance is helpful but not absolutely necessary.
This program is designed by a trained sexuality educator and will nurture the three "R's" of sexuality education: respect, relationship, and responsibility. We seek to help youth gain self-respect and respect for others, build relationships with people of all genders and with many kinds of families, and understand their responsibilities regarding their own health and that of others. Program content will include explicit, age-appropriate educational content relating to sexuality, gender, and sexual health. Parents may reach out to staff about the curriculum at any time.
Discounts and scholarships are available.
-$25 off the total for
1) Children of part-time volunteers (2 days or more per week - must pass background check and attend safety training)
2) Participants in multiple Imaginorium programs
3) Members of rental venue OR
4) Families with 2 or more registered siblings
-$50 off the total for children of full-time volunteers (must pass background check and attend safety training)
Inquire about scholarships - ImaginoriumCollective@gmail.com Click here for Refund Policy.
All trademarks and names used are acknowledged as the property of their respective owners. This includes, but is not limited to, JK Rowling, Warner Brothers, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Books. This program is not associated with, affiliated with, or endorsed by any of the aforementioned parties. Rights to the characters and their likenesses are neither claimed nor implied.