Announcing: 2018-2019 Harry Potter-inspired programs!
All three of these programs will run 9 am - 3 pm at 75 John St, Providence, Rhode Island (the French American School).
Winter Wizarding Academy: December 26-28, 2018. A general program for all grades.
Rainbow Wizards Academy:
July 8-19, 2019. A wellness program for LGBTQA+ middle school and high school students.
School of Theatrical Wizardry:
July 22-Aug 2, 2019. A theatre program for all grades.
We are hoping to offer a few other things in 2018-2019 as well:
- After school programs - both Theatrical Wizardry and wellness "Rainbow Wizards"
- Spring break camp in "another world" - expanding our fantasy offering to a different story. Where should we go? We are taking a poll this week at RI Comic Con. The contenders are Camp Half-blood (Percy Jackson), the Land of Oz (Wicked), or all of Time and Space (Doctor Who). What do you think? Where should we go? Vote here.
- Our Whole Lives comprehensive sexuality education programs.
- In-school dramatic arts programs.
Subscribe to Our Youtube Channel for an ongoing series of videos with more info about our Wizard Academies.
The mission of The Imaginorium is to empower children, youth and adults through the creative arts, opening doors to the imagination through exploration of mythic and fantasy worlds. We accept and teach diversity of race, religion, class, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Available Curricula and Resources
- Iris Imaginoria’s Guide to Creating Hogwarts Magic
A Guide for Creating a Camp or Program Based on J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter Books. Available on CD or digital access.
- Jedi Academy Coming of Age
A year-long program for padawans grades 6-8 with adaptations for weekend or weeklong programs for other age groups. Available on CD or digital access.
- Summer Magic: A 12-session Hogwarts program based on UU principles (perfect for summer programs).
- Let the Force Be With You: A 10-session Jedi program for 3rd-5th grade (perfect for summer programs!)
- Tara Wisdom Cards: A unique deck of cards based on the mythic manifestation of the many faces and forms of Tara, the Tibetan Goddess of Wisdom, Compassion and Power.